Can my power supply support either a 7600GT or a x1950GT?

PC eye

banned
Can it handle the x1950GT, 1 IDE, 1 SATA, 1 CD-RW, 1 CPU fan and 1 case fan?

What is the nVidia equivalent of a x1950GT? I heard they make less noise, use less power, etc.

A 600w model is more then the 550w supply used here for two optical burners(cd and dvd), two 250gb ide hard drives, and two 500gb sata drives. The two favored models over the GT would be the XT and XTX models as far as the card is concerned. But the supply would give you surplus power as well.

PC eye

banned
A 600w supply would easily handle the not so larger demand for power on the XP1950GT as well as other devices, drives, hardwares and leave some extra onhand. The NVidia competitors are the 7900 and 7950 models. The XT and XTX models are more performance geared then the GT line for gaming and other things.

PC eye

banned
That card has a larger vpu chip on it then the X1300 Pro in use here at the present. But the Antec True Power 2 480w model I loaned out with a 550w model now in use would easily have run the system with it. And that is with having twice as many drives installed here. 1 cd writer, 1 dvd burner, 2 ide HDs, and 2 sata HDs as well. That also includes having three 120mm case fans(two on side cover) along with a 140mm front intake.

chupacabra

Either way that or the ultra model in page 3, do no got cheap like 20$ on a 500 watts psu, the lower the price and the "higher" the wattage that "shows" the worst the psu is

ceewi1

VIP Member
Cutting it a little fine, but yes, it should work. A 7600GT would probably be a better buy, though.

PC eye

banned
Here I would have gone with the XClio and X1950 but that's me. But I already have a good 550w and just need a better card. But you have to decide there based on your budget. Eventually I have to swap everything but the supply, drives, case, keyboard, mouse, etc.

(you need to write a sticky ceewi1. I don't see the HIPro on either list.)

PC eye

banned
It wouldn't be a choice for a supply here. But a 400w should still work for a budget deal. The general power recommendation seen on just about all boards now is at least 350w so you are covered there.

PC eye

banned
Hope that works out for you there. Just keep in mind that too low a price isn't generally good. But summer discounts will see many items come down pricewise. When you are ready to upgrade later you can always a better one.