Can this be the cause.....

Cbeck527

Recently, I have had a ton of crashes when playing graphically intense games (oblivion and Ut2004). After sending my graphics card (see sig) back to XFX, I spotted a an unknown port on my motherboard.
kn8sli1rb.jpg

After reading about this in the manual, I discovered that this is an aux power source for PCI-e Cards.

Could this be the reason that my computer resets when playing graphically intense games?

SC7

Only if your graphics card had a power in port, which wasn't connected, and even still, you can connect it to your power supply. I doubt that was the reason, because the card wouldn't work at all without such a connection in the first place. Unless that's some port you connect your PSU to when a Gfx card is in the slot for more power?

Derik75

Perhaps you're experiencing a temperature problem under extreme loads (ie oblivion and UT2004). Next time you are playing check out how hot your CPU is running via software like motherboard monitor.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, theres really only one way to find out. They wouldn't put the conenction on there if it would damage the board by connecting it so give it a try. That said, I believe that connection is only necessary when you are running SLI