Cannot find app to open WEBcam on my WINDOWS??? ARGH

Alex Hoffman

Ive looked all over the computer and i cant find anything to open up the web cam. Controll panel, desktop ofcourse, task bar icons, programs, its not there. i know it works because when i went to add a pic to my avatar on FB it had a web cam link wich started up the web cam, so i know it works. It seems like all apps to open the web cam were deleted, i dont know, its a used computer.... This is a Windows HP pavilion...

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Not many computers have an actual software app to use the webcam. It comes on automatically on websites that use it.

Alex Hoffman

Its the 6500 entertainment laptop... I should be able to open up the web cam to take pics with to save to my computer... so your saying that i cant take pics on my web cam and save them to my computer? that the only way to use it is through online links to the webcam? that just sounds like BS, no offense. something is wrong here, i want to use the web cam to take pics and save onto my computer.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Apparently you can use the HP Quickplay to take pictures with the webcam.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
It's the button that looks like this. Though it doesn't have any lettering on it.

HP_QuickPlay-logo-6944AB6F0A-seeklogo.com.gif

Alex Hoffman

Ohh that. yeah it doesnt respond... ive tried every method of press, but it wont respond.?

seems there should be a link on the keyboard

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Guess the HP Quickplay stuff isn't installed. Specific model number would help more (on label under the laptop).

Gary24

Hi

Upgrading your OS might cause your default webcam application to be missing. All you have to do is install the webcam driver software that is suitable for your laptop. Besides, there are many third party apps too.