cannot properly install OS

alfonzo

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows NT onto a hard drive and a computer is giving me alot of trouble.

To note: I am trying to make a replaceable hard drive for a work critical machine and have the current hard drive imaged

The computer I have to work with always restarts during the OS install while copying the files.

So I move to another computer to perform the install, which goes perfect, then I come back to the other machine and while booting up I see a screen with vertical lines in them filled in between with Black Spaces, and then the computer restarts.

What could be causing this?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
For one, you can't install windows on one machine, take the hard drive out and move it to another machine and expect it to work properly especially if the 2 machines have totally different hardware. You have to install on the machine that your going to be using it with.

alfonzo

Well the computers are completely identical, except one has an extra stick of ram.

But anyway, so what could possibly be causing the computer to change screens like that then restart.

I want to figure this out as I am having the same problem in my aunt's computer.