Canon VS Nikon?

OverClocker

Cannon is a very good brand when it comes on to cameras. Professional photographers also like to use that camera. I am for Cannon.

Fatback

VIP Member
Really they are both great brands and I would own either. I personally have never had a canon but I have plenty of friends with them and they speak highly of them. To be honest with you though I would never pay that much for a point and shoot camera. If you are going to pay that much for a camera then get an SLR. Look at the new Fujifilm S1600 or S1800. They are very nice I tested one today and almost bought it but I like my Panasonic.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122269

Also if this helps, this website has reviews on a lot of cameras. Just click on the brand your looking for.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Agreed, both are great brands and you cant go wrong with either one. Personally I would take the SX20IS as I have heard a lot about it.

But go to your local camera stores and try them both out for yourself, find out which one is more comfortable for you, which one has easier menu's and such for your taste, THEN you can make your decision ;)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If you're not going SLR, I'd probably stick with Canon. I've not read the specs of those cameras (too late, I'm tired and lazy :p) but Canon typically has top-notch P&S cameras. Though if you were looking into a dSLR, I'd lean more towards the Nikons. Both are good, but I've always preferred Nikon's approach to color representation and their cheaper components.

ptthesoundguy

Canon is a great camera when it comes to DSLRs and I love my Canon Rebel XS (1000D). But I have also used a Nikon, I don't quite remember which one but I loved the way the pictures came out. But if going P&S then canon if going DSLR go nikon.

aviation_man

Agreed, both are great brands and you cant go wrong with either one. Personally I would take the SX20IS as I have heard a lot about it.

But go to your local camera stores and try them both out for yourself, find out which one is more comfortable for you, which one has easier menu's and such for your taste, THEN you can make your decision ;)

I'd have to agree here. I used the SX10IS for about a year, it's GREAT practice. It takes amazing quality. I'm not quite too sure the difference between the SX10IS and the SX20IS but I know the SX10IS takes amazing photos, user friendly and the perfect focal range. The only bad part about it is that I like to manually focus on my subjects.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I dont think you'd need an SLR-Like for a trip to Disney. For that price, I'd go ahead and get a DSLR instead.

natashamartin

I'd go for a Canon camera. :) Another good brand for me though is Olympus but not for SLR. I love Olympus' underwater cameras that can go as deep as 30ft (or probably more for newer models).

cakweh

canon and nikon, both are product from japan, right?
both are good, because since the first, they have mastered the digital camera market

canon, there have digital rabel xsi and nikon, they have d90 dx
Both products are very good in my opinion