Cant access internet on my HP Pavillion zv5000

haddad287

I cant seem to get on the internet with my HP xv5000.

Under my settings, I got 3 items

-Wireless Internet Connection 3
-1394 Connection
-Local Area Connection

For the first 2, it says it is connect no problem. But the third one has a X on it. I cant acees the internet and I do got a router and I did connect to it.

Why cant I access the internet? Is there soming I have to do before I go on the internet? Do I have to do something?

Any help will be good enough. I will be waiting for an answer

haddad287

It says Network Cable Unplugged. And I am not using ethernet cable. I have a router

I doing it wirelessely. I am not using ethernet cable

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then you need to right click on wireless connection and click on view available wireless networks and connect to it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure the router is receiving internet? Yeah, you might be connected to the router via wireless but you need to make sure that the router is passing on the internet to all the users. Try using a cable to connect to the router first to see if you can get online that way.

haddad287

I just figured out I dont have a router. The router is in my modem (built in). I already got 2 other latops and they are working.

Why isent mine working?

haddad287

I also found out one more thing. I had this laptop before in Emirates and it worked there. And whenever I go to internet explorer. Before I get the error, it says on the bottem "Finding site: poxy1.emirates.net.ae"

I got told then I have to do something to make it work in canada. Where do I go so I can make it work here. Some kinds of option to change something