Can't decide on a computer

wolfeking

banned
mainly because they are low quality and for gaming those graphics cards suck donkey. You need at least a GTS or GTX to game well at acceptable resolutions assuming your talking about games that have been released recently.

jonnyp11

better would be to build your own, prebuilts cost more, and when they are for gaming there's a huge premium

wolfeking

banned
not really. The Acer is stuck as is, OEM. The case will limit graphics cards, and you will need a better PSU to do anything.
The other one, maybe. But you are always better off building than buying.

jonnyp11

the prebuilts use a crap motherboard, low end processors, no graphics card worth having, a crap power supply, and general crapiness. To get them to even game well you'd have to replace the power supply, minimum 50 buck, then get a graphics card, i guess min 100 to get something worth having. and you'd still have a crap processor and have to pay that 150+ on top of the crap load those cost already.

Tech Wizard

I can get money off the prebuilt one because I know the owner and I can get him to add parts. I can get different parts for it

jonnyp11

look on that site, you can prob build those with a good psu and case and mobo and more ram with same cpu and hdd for about the same price, and have more fun in the process, prebuilts are almost never worth it.

Gun

I recommend building your own. It's really simple, you can build it to your own needs and it's fun!

Tech Wizard

Okay I will check it out later. But I do not intend on doing heavy gaming probs games like minecraft and some mmo's.

pwlljakob

Well I couldn't find the dell but the Alienware x51 was $1600 at jbhifi which isn't in my price range.

I Myself would stay away from both of those,
Try something like these,
http://www.dell.com/us/soho/p/xps-8500/pd?~ck=mn
^Dell XPS 8500
http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx
^Alienware custom built gaming computers

Both great computers I highly recommend both of them as i have worked with them in the past.

Both stay within the price range i see with the computers you posted.

Hope they would work better for you,
Jakob
Try Clicking the links :D
The SFF Alienware ($699) would be in your price range and so would the dell XPS ($750)