Can't delete file.

NLAlston

Being an avid reader, I was quite ecstatic when I came across some free Epub books for my electronic reader. However, a good many of the files seemed to be bad, and I decided to do away with the whole shebang. The problem is that I cannot seem to delete a couple of the files from my computer. I would really like to get them off, and would like to know if anyone knows of an approach I could take to do so.

Last edited:

tremmor

Try going to explorer and right click the C:drive.
Properties
tools: tab
Check drive for errors.

Also try going to run '%appdata%' like shown without quotes.
Delete any occurrences of the programs.

I would think there was an error in drive.

if same problem try starting up in safe mode then try delete.

NLAlston

Try going to explorer and right click the C:drive.
Properties
tools: tab
Check drive for errors.

Also try going to run '%appdata%' like shown without quotes.
Delete any occurrences of the programs.

I would think there was an error in drive.

if same problem try starting up in safe mode then try delete.

No errors found. However, I will definitely try the 'Safe Mode' manner.

tremmor

Im guessing the comment about unlock was to right click a file and run as (administrator). Only other thing is create another profile with admin rights and log in with new profile then try.

NLAlston

BigFella,

I really did appreciate the link you shared with me, and I followed the instructions - to the letter - no less than five times. But each time I wound up being faced with the same dilemma.

To some folk it probably wouldn't matter. There are some who could just let those stubborn files sit on their computer without giving them a second thought. But not me :). I must rid myself of them, and I will - even if that translates into having to format & restore my system.

But I do thank you - and everyone else here - for trying to help me.