cant see computers on network

gino555

i have a Netgear wireless router DG834GT i can access the internet via aol from my laptop to desktop, but can not see any computers on my ms home network it says i dont have permission to access the network ask the administrator but i am logged on as the admistrator the windows firewall is turned off on both pc's

thanks

davidireland

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm
This link will explain how to set up File Sharing.

Also, set PC's in the same workgroup. To do so, right click on My Computer. Go to Properties and click the Computer Name Tab...then click the button that says CHANGE near the bottom. Change the workgroup to the same thing on both PC's.

By the way, do not use Windows XP's File Sharing Wiazard. To What the link above says and go to "i understand the risks...and "Just Enable File Sharing".

I'm pretty sure that this is your problem.

Don't Forget To Post Back With How This Worked Out;)

aab

computer not shown in network

Hi
I have workgruop based network system. I also have Ics in my system.
the problem is that my computer automatically go invisible on network neighbours but it ping properly.
Please give me the solution urgentlyl.
thanks

yes I can go on my computer after \\name of computer.
But why it suddenly disappear after some time.
and what is the solution please tell me.

Last edited:

tripleplay905

to access your computer like you would in network neighborhood go to start > run> and type \\ then the name of the computer you want to connect to.

aab

yes I can go on my computer after \\name of computer.
But why it suddenly disappear after some time.
and what is the solution please tell me.

aab

my computer is not shown on network

My computer is ping and we can go on my computer by typing on \\computer narme
but it doesnot displays on network neighbours
what should be the solution?

gino555

thanks dave, one pc was in ms home another was in a workgroup i put them both in a unique network BUT the problem still remains i cant get them to talk but can access the internet via aol on the icon but it does say that iam connected to a secure wireless network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

davidireland

ok...did you also follow my other advice with the file sharing enabling? If you already had it enabled, did you use XP's wizard or something?

gino555

i followed your advice and it still dont work i emailed netgear and they said it was a firewall but i allready turned that off but STILL i cant see any computers on the network and says i dont have access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!