Can't Start Computer...

Hi,

I have Window's XP and recently someone turned off my computer improperly and now when I try to start up my computer I can’t get into Windows. It will start up like normal but then it will say, do you want to start in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Programming, etc. Anyways, whatever one I choose it will always go to a blue screen that says something like:

“You’re computer was shut down improperly. If this is the first time you have experienced start your computer normally. If you have installed new hardware ask the manufacturer if they have any Windows Updates for the program…”

So, what can I do to fix this? Also, all I want to do is get back into Windows because I’m then going to revert back to a certain point in time when my computer was running fine. So, anyone? Also, can I get this as soon as possible? It’s really urgent that I get this fixed soon.

Thank you.

BlaBli

what happen after the HD check fase?
the computer restart? u get into windows? windows freez?

Sebouh

Yeh! i am familiar with that screen. Try safemode and see if you have installed an unappropriat driver.

When I get to the blue screen nothing happens. I can't move on and it doesn't restart. It just sits there.

I know it's not my hardware because I've been running on this setup for at least a couple of months and it's always been fine before.

I did. I tried doing Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Programming, and the other one. None of them worked. When I restart my computer I still get the same blue screen.

S_Doherty

Another option would be to pay close attention to the POST sounds that you hear and compare them to the motherboard manual. These beeps signify that all of your hardware it attached properly, and that it has been able to locate the MBR and read it....

I don't even know where my motherboard manual is. Anyways, I've tried doing that last known configuration and that didn't work at all. It did the same thing, sent me to the blue screen and it wouldn't do anything.

Also, I don't know what you mean by bootablew. Please explain this and how would I repair Windows?

Thanks.

Computergen

Norton GO BACK

Next time get Norton Goback its much like system restore it reverts your hard drive but it asks You on startup that way If your computer cant start up properly you can revert from there. It works for me everytime. Not that I do it alot but I have had my share of fun times with computers as I am sure you all have too.

Okay, thanks. Where can I get this?

But can ANYONE give me some tips to get back onto my Windows so that I can at least do system restore? I don't care if everything get's deleted, I just need to get back into Windows! I even tried taking out the CMOs battery and it didn't do anything. I'm deseperate!

Thak you.

Last edited:

Sebouh

Well when you first turn on your computer insert the xp cd and wait till it boots from the cd, and you enter the xp setup page. Make sure you have selected the cd drive as your first boot device from the BIOS.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Anybody read the forum rules anymore?

ethernet said:
Borrow one, pretty much everyone has one now

ethernet:

Give advice that does not promote illegal use of software.

AS for the problem you are having Papasmurf89. You need your original XP CD to try and repair window in the repair console.. or call the manufaturer of your computer to see if they can help.

your start up record might be corrupt so you might want to try creating an XP boot disk.