cases with mesh top

koOp

hay does anyone know any computer cases with a mesh top part? im looking for one so i could possibly plan my next build with a mod :D link some if u know any

ScOuT

VIP Member
I know a guy here in Germany who bought a Lian Li and cut the top out of the case. He bought some mesh and a dual 120mm radiator for liquid cooling online and drilled the holes to attach the mesh and radiator all with the same screws. It turned out very nice! He took it to a metal shop and had them cut it out with special tools and drill the holes for him. He also had them cut a side window. Awesome case now....I might do the same for my next build:)

justin52493x2

Its very easy to cut your own case with say a rotarzip, get your measurements, and make your drill holes, people will easily do it for you. I'm planning on making my own design and covering it with Plexiglas with vent holes. You wouldn't really need a mesh top though, fans would solely work a lot better than going through the trouble to make the mesh lining.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I can't think of any off the top of my head. I would just buy an aluminum case and cut it out with a dremel or something.

koOp

oh really? scout? thats wat i was planning to do aswell lol has he got a worklog i can look at?

ScOuT

VIP Member
He is the husband of one of my wife's friends. I have only met him twice. The metal shop he took it to did an awesome job though. Perfect cuts for the screen and radiator. He took all the parts there and showed it to the guy. The guy planned it on the computer and then started cutting. He said it only took them about 40 minutes and cost him 30 Euros, about $45. He also bought a window kit and had that there. They guy also cut the side window for him. After the window cut they drilled the holes and riveted it in. He told me they printed the template on huge stickers and stuck them to the case, then just cut on the lines. I saw the case only once and it was sweet. I could ask him to send me some pictures of it. I don't know him well but I can see what I can do.

Sounds kinda easy, I might try it myself for the next build.

Last edited: