CD-ROM not working

sam123

Hi,
My CD-ROM is playing up, the computer wont recognise its all plugged in, I have no idea why it isnt working!
HELP????

Archangel

VIP Member
we need a bit more info than that please :)

Like strangleHold said.
*is it a new build in drive?
*did it worked once already?
*what isnt seen by the pc? that you putted a disk into it,. or is the whole drive not recognized?

sam123

It is one that came with the computer when i bought it about 2 years ago it first stopped working a few months ago when i put another hard disk in the computer, i have since removed the hard disk, but still nothing, i have used different cables and moved the jumper around i have no idea whats wrong with it??? First i thought it might have just died but it powers up fine it just isn't recognised by the BIOS it just says not installed? I don't want to go out and buy a new one if i don't need to but i am getting a bit desperate as my PC is in desperate need to be formatted but i can't untill i got this drive working, i dont have another one??

Sam

gurra92

When you boot the computer, you'll see wich device is on wich IDE. Does the CD-ROM appear in that list? If it doesnt, the CD-ROM isn't plugged in correctly. If it does is this is a Windows-problem (or any other OS).

PS: You can freeze the screen by pressing the "Pause/Break" button.