Changing default program for media buttons

bubbagumper6

I have an Asus N73SV and it has buttons on the side specifically for play/pause, next track and previous track but I can't figure out how to change what program they are linked to. I'd like to use them to control Mediamonkey but when I press one of them it just opens this "Welcome to Windows Media Center" crap that takes up the entire screen...any ideas?

In a semi-related matter there's also 3 more buttons to control the volume (up, down, and mute) and when I press them this obnoxious overlay comes up in the center of my screen displaying what I'm doing (in case I didn't know obviously) which I'd really like to disable but no idea how. I did find somewhere on the interwebs that stopping the process called "ATKOSD2" changes it from the fancy overlay to a really basic symbol that pops up in the corner but this isn't exactly ideal.

Broni

VIP Member
I'd like to use them to control Mediamonkey but when I press one of them it just opens this "Welcome to Windows Media Center" crap that takes up the entire screen
You have to change media files association to a program of your choice.

Broni

VIP Member
It looks like you may need to install a driver for that keyboard.
If it was never installed, Windows installed just generic driver.