Changing IP adress

Dystopia

Ok, I was playing my favorite server on a game, and had a terrible connection, so I was going to disconnect, and those morons gave me a permanent ban for hacking. I have never, will never, and don't even KNOW how to hack a game. I even said I was having a bad connection. But most of the time when there is a vote to kick for hacking everyone just votes yes. That is why I would like to change my IP. Help please?

Last edited:

donadoni

if its a game played through your web browser clear your cookies.

take a note of your IP

turn your router/modem of for bit reconnect and see if you have had any joy.

Michael

Just sign up for another dial-up service and BAM, you've got a new IP address :good:

NetZero still offers free dial-up, albeit only 10 hours a month.. still, it's something!

-Michael

EDIT: ..and when your 10 hours run out, sign up for an account at Juno for another 10 hours.

Last edited:

Dystopia

Ok, I just found out that it was a goddamn permanent ban :mad: Can anyone PLEASE help me?! I am sure that the admin there was new or didn't know me, most of the others do. But I can't contact them. So I really would like to know how to change my IP, make it COMPLETELY different, as every time I dial in, it only changes the last number.

And using netzero fails :( too of a slow connection for soldat.

Last edited:

Barker

Ok, I just found out that it was a goddamn permanent ban :mad: Can anyone PLEASE help me?! I am sure that the admin there was new or didn't know me, most of the others do. But I can't contact them. So I really would like to know how to change my IP, make it COMPLETELY different, as every time I dial in, it only changes the last number.

And using netzero fails :( too of a slow connection for soldat.

Perhaps IPconfig/release then Ipconfig/renew? I'm just throwing that out there. It might not change it. You can also manually assign IP somehow, I believe.

Gooberman

netzero uses some bandwidth to load ads because it's free i just disabled it with my firewall xD but i hated netzero Juno gave me a 67.xxx IP vs the 209.xxx i got with dialinfree so that can help xD

dannaswolcott

Just sign up for another dial-up service and BAM, you've got a new IP address :good:

NetZero still offers free dial-up, albeit only 10 hours a month.. still, it's something!

-Michael

EDIT: ..and when your 10 hours run out, sign up for an account at Juno for another 10 hours.

I used netzero dial up for years, great service.. I still have my free account, Matter a fact just logged in it tonight.... I still keep it around, you never know.... Could use it for backup, But with digital phone once road runner goes out so does the phone lol

Anyways... whats the ISP again? AOL I know keeps the same IP with there dial up accounts, Netzero does not it changes each time you reconnect... So if you want give netzero free dial up a try.

Gabe63

Perhaps IPconfig/release then Ipconfig/renew? I'm just throwing that out there. It might not change it. You can also manually assign IP somehow, I believe.

I know my IT at work uses this for me in DOS (through Windows) but I have no idea how it works on dialup. Start, run, cmd, then above. It works when I have con issues with our server and need a new IP ad. I do get a new IP ad.

massahwahl

VIP Member
No offense and im sure your being honest and all but asking how to change your IP to get around a ban is shaky at best in terms of the forum rules. I dont like being the forum police, but I just shot down a guy earlier looking for info on how to change his after he was banned from a poker site. It sucks, but life goes on.

Dystopia

No offense and im sure your being honest and all but asking how to change your IP to get around a ban is shaky at best in terms of the forum rules. I dont like being the forum police, but I just shot down a guy earlier looking for info on how to change his after he was banned from a poker site. It sucks, but life goes on.

Well one reason I have not even responded to this thread is cuz it does not matter, I was able to talk to the owner of the server and he lifted the ban. Plus the netzero idea works now that I have a good access number.

Thanks for any help, guys.