Chrome cast

RoyT

Hi,
Has any one used Chrome cast? What sites can you get off the computer?
Can you watch Facebook?
Thanks, RoyT

strollin

I have a Chromecast but I don't understand your question, "What sites can you get off the computer?". Can you elaborate as to what you mean by that?

As far as Facebook, what do you mean by watch it? Who "watches" Facebook? You could cast the Facebook page to the Chromecast while viewing it in the Chrome browser.

ninjabubbles3

If you have an,android, you can cast your entire screen to the chromecast. If not, stuff like youtube, hulu, netflix, or twitch all can cast

strollin

Actually, as long as you're using the Chrome browser, you can cast the browser window or the entire desktop.

RoyT

I have a Chromecast but I don't understand your question, "What sites can you get off the computer?". Can you elaborate as to what you mean by that?

As far as Facebook, what do you mean by watch it? Who "watches" Facebook? You could cast the Facebook page to the Chromecast while viewing it in the Chrome browser.

To answer your questions: To "watch" something you sit and look at it. How else can you see it? The way I understand Chromecast, internet sites and your photos appear on the TV screen, isn't that right?
Also I thought this Forum was to help each other out not to make sarcastic answers.
RoyT

Geoff

VIP Member
To answer your questions: To "watch" something you sit and look at it. How else can you see it? The way I understand Chromecast, internet sites and your photos appear on the TV screen, isn't that right?
Also I thought this Forum was to help each other out not to make sarcastic answers.
RoyT
The main purpose of a Chromecast is to use your phone to send content to it, usually this is for apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc. Yes you can share your screen to your TV, but there is lag, and it's not ideal at all for videos. The quality also isn't very good.

spynoodle

As a Chromecast owner, I can say that the screencast feature works somewhat well, but only in certain scenarios. The most important thing to remember about screencasting from Chrome on a computer is that it requires a good deal of processing power to work correctly, and your resolution is naturally going to be downconverted when sent to the chromecast, since 720p is the highest option. Also, there is noticeable lag. From an Android phone, screencasting works a lot better. I had one of my friends try it with his LG G3 once, and the quality seemed fantastic, with very little lag time.

strollin

RoyT
I guess you use FB differently than I do. I "watch" a movie, I start it and it streams without intervention from me. FB is interactive where I scroll thru my news feed and make comments and such. Do some posting, etc... I don't sit and watch FB. Maybe you do.

You can certainly bring up FB on the screen and interact with it.

Geoff

VIP Member
As a Chromecast owner, I can say that the screencast feature works somewhat well, but only in certain scenarios. The most important thing to remember about screencasting from Chrome on a computer is that it requires a good deal of processing power to work correctly, and your resolution is naturally going to be downconverted when sent to the chromecast, since 720p is the highest option. Also, there is noticeable lag. From an Android phone, screencasting works a lot better. I had one of my friends try it with his LG G3 once, and the quality seemed fantastic, with very little lag time.
I haven't used that feature, but if you cast your Chrome screen to your Chromecast, there is noticeable lag and the quality isn't very good. Certainly not good enough for watching videos.

Why would you want to me scrolling on your computer and looking at your TV anyways?