components come with CD disks?

rosin789

Hi I built my computer about a month ago and with the parts i ordered came cds with them such as the mothereboard came with a cd and the solid state drive came with and ssd and other parts as well such as the graphics card came with a cd disk. is it important to install these on my computer and do i always install everything that comes with the cd except for the stuff like the trails?

Perkomate

yes, I think you should install it all. Most of them are going to be drivers/support utilites. Have you been using your computer without them?

Benny Boy

See if there's an important bios update from the version you have.
To insure that you get the latest drivers/software go to each of the manufacturer's website and install those latest drivers.

massahwahl

VIP Member
I rarely install them except for the motherboard cd. Most of the time your hardware is outdated by the time you buy it anyway so it just makes more sense to go to the manufacturers websites and download the drivers.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I never use the CD's that come with anything. By the time it gets to you, that disc is WAYYY out of date. It's better to go directly to the manufacturers site and get he latest drivers.

konsole

When a new computer is built install the motherboard drivers and utilities first and then download the latest drivers for the video card. Other then that everything pretty much installs on its own. Some cds will have useful applications like retail versions of media burners often come with burning software like nero.

Perkomate

I find the one I use the most is the motherboard driver set. That means I get internet, which means I get everything else.