Comptuer running slow

mandah08

Hi, my mums computer has started to run really slow and wont let her play any games. ive done disk cleanup, defrag and deleted all programs she doesnt use and it still goes slow. Would this be caused by have a copy of windows on it?

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, my mums computer has started to run really slow and wont let her play any games. ive done disk cleanup, defrag and deleted all programs she doesnt use and it still goes slow. Would this be caused by have a copy of windows on it?

Thanks

Usually the sign of a PC running slow is that its infected with viruses/malware. Please follow the instructions in this thread and post the requested logs.

http://www.computerforum.com/131398-important-please-read-before-posting.html

Macky

is there any suspicious pop-ups messages that appears on your computer. if still you can navigate to your desktop and files then there's no reason to reformat your Operating System. update your anti virus software and scan the whole system including the hard disks. download noobkiller.exe for quick removal of trojan and some common viruses that infect your pc.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
is there any suspicious pop-ups messages that appears on your computer. if still you can navigate to your desktop and files then there's no reason to reformat your Operating System. update your anti virus software and scan the whole system including the hard disks. download noobkiller.exe for quick removal of trojan and some common viruses that infect your pc.

Download Glary Utitlities and malwarebytes in Major Geek then run it.

Basically the same thing I told the poster to do in my post. :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is over a month old, please do not bring up old posts as the poster most likely has solved the issue. If not, i'm sure the poster would have replied by now.

Jeanne

banned
Have you tried to enter into "MSCONFIG"?

You can reduce the number of programs automatically loaded when booting computer.

Click "Start"--"Run" and type "msconfig" and in the "Startup" tab, delete some program automatic loadings.