Computer Associates security suite question

hdansjr

ok, my in-laws have a computer on which they installed CA internet security suite. However, they found it to they dis-liking, so after many failed attempts at uninstalling, my father-in-law went in and started to delete randon files associated with CA. Now, CA attempts to start-up at various times and will freeze the computer up. Uninstall is no longer an option. All you get are uninstall errors, and I even tried to uninstall with Ccleaners uninstall tool and i get different errors messages, but still, no uninstall. Does CA have a tool like norton does which will remove all CA material from a computer? I looked but didn't find any? anyone have any suggestions?

Trizoy

VIP Member
You can try to restore to a point before the install, or go into safe mode and remove it manually.

hdansjr

ok i just looked at the system restore points, and for some reason, they dont' have any older than a month, and this all happened like 3 or 4 months ago. So, i'll try safe mode...do i just delete all things associated with CA or will uninstall work in safe mode?