computer comes back on automatically

dellxps420

banned
when i should my pc down it automatically boots it self up after around 9seconds all fans etc turn off and then it just comes back on anyone know what this could be ? its just started doing this recently never before :( weird

some people are saying this is a driver problem but all my drivers are installed and working correctly

Nanobyte

Are you doing a complete shutdown or going on Standby/Sleep/Hibernation? I can't see it being your drivers. Once it has shut down it needs a signal from somewhere to restart.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Check your BIOS settings and look for 'Wake on Event' settings.

I have seen people accidentally enable Wake on LAN and similar event waking and just ambient noise will trigger the computer to turn itself on.

Last edited:

Nanobyte

Check you BIOS settings and look for 'Wake on Event' settings.....I have seen people accidentally enable Wake on LAN and similar event waking and just ambient noise will trigger the computer to turn itself on.
That's exactly why I was asking about Standby/Sleep/Hibernation.

dellxps420

banned
no i do a complete shut down no restart standby it turns all fans etc off computer completly goes off then after like 9 seconds it comes back on.

dngrsone that maybe the problem im at my sisters house atm once i get home i will try what you have mentioned see if that helps

tremmor the tower is on a desk witch is not far off from the ground no ive never blow it out but i did buy the pc used from a guy off ebay he used it for around 2 months but im pretty sure he didnt either pc has had no mods after markets fitted as far as i know just a really good standard pc.

thanks for the replies this may have helped me will have to see and fit out :good:

dellxps420

banned
Check your BIOS settings and look for 'Wake on Event' settings.

I have seen people accidentally enable Wake on LAN and similar event waking and just ambient noise will trigger the computer to turn itself on.

+1 excellent sorted because off you ;) one less problem.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
+1 excellent sorted because off you ;) one less problem.

I aim to serve.
nod.gif