Computer Errors! Help!

aamo215

My computer has an intel pentium D 925 processor running at 3.0ghz, it isn't overclocked, onlt default settings, all of my hardware is set to normal settings in the BIOS.

My computer has many problems, these problems include programs crashing, programs not installing, the computer turning off and file copy errors.

The things I have tried are getting new ram, so far I have tried 4 different sticks, all at the correct settings and type for my computer, also I have reinstalled windows many times. I have tested the cpu with many programs such as: OCCT, prime95, and Hot CPU tester, and they all came up with a CPU error, Prime95 more specifically found an error only in the second core, and found this only in mere seconds of starting the program, the 1st core didn't have any errors.

I have run Memory test and memtest, the bootable memtest came up with no errors in ram. the memory test that runs in windows came up with many errors, i have scanned all sticks of ram sepertately and still found errors in every stick. I also read online that memory errors can appear but they are actually motherboard errors.

I think I have basically narrowed the cause down to cpu or motherboard, maybe it's something else, i need another person(s) opinion before i buy new parts.

bomberboysk

Maybe your cpu voltage is too low? Also what kinda temps are you showing with somtehing such as everst or speedfan?

Zatharus

VIP Member
I have run Memory test and memtest, the bootable memtest came up with no errors in ram. the memory test that runs in windows came up with many errors, i have scanned all sticks of ram sepertately and still found errors in every stick. I also read online that memory errors can appear but they are actually motherboard errors.

That sounds like you have some sort of utility that is OC'ing a component upon load. Do you get the same Memtest errors when running it in Safe Mode?

What motherboard are you running?