Computer Freezing all of a sudden...

jbrdbr111x

I don't know why, but my computer has been freezing all of a sudden just the past few days.. The only thing different that I've done is run Call of Duty 4, but I am using the computer in my signature which not only well exceeds the minimum requirements, but exceeds the recommended requirements of the game as well..

I haven't changed anything in my BIOS since I've built this computer, is there anything I should change there?

Also is there any tests where I can do like a memory and CPU load test to see how well it works, and make sure my Pentium D is working at it's full potential?

jbrdbr111x

When I try to install my latest video card drivers, I get the following error messages every time..
error1pk6.png

error2ig3.png

Any ideas?

csmdew

From what I keep hearing the psu or virsus is the main item that causes freezes; I would take a look at my psu. It could be a bad video driver or card going bad. I'm just guessing since I have ran into all of the above but usually with mem it then is a boot prroblem.

Last edited:

jbrdbr111x

Well I just built the computer around a month or so ago, so I don't see the card going bad that fast.. But I guess I'll see if there are any video card tests out there to run to make that determination..

Deamos

I ran one of the first tests I found and here's what I get..
vthx6.png

I don't know if this is good or bad?
Try running Memtest86. Could be bad ram chips.
If you get a single error in memtest, that stick is trash

Also check PSU and for Viruses