Computer gets stuck when reformatting

Nikole

So i just recently purchased a new computer and i got that blue screen so i decided to reformat. when i boot from the cd it gets to the screen inquiring if i want to install windows (enter), repair windows Emoticon, and one other option.

after i hit enter, it goes to a blue screen and at the bottom it says examining fjsdklfsafdsa (i dont rememeber exactly what)

I think its examining my hard drive but it wont get past there. i left it on overnight and nothing changed from that screen.

I reformatted my laptop right after this to see if it was an issue with the cd but my laptop reformatted just fine.

Both the cd and OS are windows xp for both the laptop and desktop. I just reformatted my laptop to test the cd and make sure it was good.

Is there any way i can reformat my computer without wiping my hd? i have it partitioned right now and would like to save the stuff on my other partition since i didnt get a chance to back it up before my computer died.

Please help me resolve this situation, if more info is needed please just let me know and ill find whatever i can. Thanks!

lawson_jl

If i read your post right you were able to use the CD to reformat your laptop and reinstall Windows with the disc you have. If so there is a hardware issue with the other PC.
1. Check to be sure the fans and heatsinks are clean.
2. Check to be sure all cables, memory and cards are plugged in firmly.
3. Run a chkdsk /r on the drive to check the drive for any issue.
4. There are many HDD test programs on the UBCD4W that may be off help.