Computer not powering up

dopester-2k8

I pushed the button on the front, power LED comes on but processor fan not spinning, hard drive not spinning, dvd-rw not spinning. :confused:

I have changed the PSU and still the same problem. :mad:
Checked all the leads and cables from the PSU to mothboard and they are ok. :good:

Anybody got any ideas??

Regards,

ivtec

banned
Nope
Nothing at all. Just the green LED on the front.

If the fan on the power supply doesn't work and pc doesn't start it might be the fan itself bad,and the pc wont power up if the fan is bad, it happened to me too i checked the fan in the power supply and it was short i changed it and it's working but hard to boot have to push power buttom a few times in order for it to boot,have a <F10=setup> at start up and stays there,till i push the power switch a few times on and off, i probabily need the recovery disk which i don't have.

Macky

hello, I think it's just a little problem. computer moisture on cable pins and other cpu parts might cause power interruption. in this case if you see that your have done the basic troubleshooting to know the defect and still don't know the problem.
unplug and plug again the pins and cable from the power supply.
to know if your hard disk, fan and your DVD-RW is still working try it in another computer.