computer over to TV/home theater

98vert6spd

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-HTB-N...4/ref=sr_1_2/104-2620409-7998305?ie=UTF8&s=pc

this this seems like i can use it to plug an ethernet cable into and i should be able to play the mp3s i ahve on my computer along with the moveis i have. Would i just plug an rg45 cord or whatever its called into my wireless router and run it over to the tv? How will it be able to play the songs without mne going to the computer? It mentions a GUI interface.

Networking ports: 1 Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 PCMCIA card slot
Networking features: GUI operation for networking features; still picture decoding: JPEG, Bitmap, GIF, PNG, via Ethernet and PCMCIA; streaming audio decoding: MP3, WMA, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, via Ethernet; streaming video decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, XviD, via Ethernet

does that mean i can navigate from the TV and select the movie I want to see and the songs to play? I cant find much info about this but if I can do those things from the comfort of my living room while my computer is 50 ft away then this really really appeals to me and im going to order one. Someone please help me with this im a huge newb when it comes to networking.

I really really really want to be able to download movies and then watch them on my TV without having to do the burn to disc things first. I have like 3k in mp3s that would be awsome if i could plan any of them at any time from my living room on my living room system.

98vert6spd

I bought it. Couldnt find much info about it but its all hooked up now and all i can say is WOW this is awsome. The sound is great. The subwoofer leaves somehting to be desired but I am used to huge bass from subwoofers so I guess thats normal. Everything else is sweet. For 499 this is a great deal. I put all the songs and videos I want in the server folder on my computer and then with the remote from my couch I can play any movie or song I have saved on my computer. The clarity is great and the picture quality is good too. THis is the best purchase ive made in the last years. Deffinately recommend getthing this.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've seen similar systems like that. They weren't "home theaters in a box" but just things that would stream videos from your computer. A pretty neat idea, something I've considered investing in. Though, my computer is only about 5' from my TV :p