Computer running a little bit hot

My computer doesnt really run that hot. But the processor, specifications in my signature, runs at about 50 degrees celcius. Which, I have been told isnt that hot for a Pentium D processor.

I just want to lower that temperature of my parts even though they are not really that high.

what my first question is, would it help installing another fan to help improve airflow. But im not sure that my motherboard has a power slot thing free to power it. Is there any other way to power it? (some kind of double adapter tp go into the power thing. lol)

My second question is would it help to not have the side panel on my tower. the is would be more open. But will this stuff up the correct airflow and make it less efficient?

Thanks

what my first question is, would it help installing another fan to help improve airflow.
My second question is would it help to not have the side panel on my tower. the is would be more open.
Yes and No, it depends upon the location and way you place the fan.

For airflow, you want intake and exhaust(of course!), you need those to balance. You don't want more intake than what exhaust you have or vice versa. Either way, it leads to the air around the component settling and conducting more heat, you want to move that air.:D

Martingale00

50 degrees isn't too bad but if it were mine I'd want it around 45. A Pentium D will run hot so 50 isn't off the chart though. I had a Pentium 4 650 OD'd to 3.7Ghz that ran 44 degrees under full load with the factory supplied CPU fan but with what INTELCRAZY said, lots of case fans, 4 to be exact. Front, rear, side, and chimney. Of course I had to have a case to accomidate this. If you have extra area where you can properly secure extra case fans by all means do it. I dropped my hard drive temp from 55 degrees to 35 degrees with nothing but a 120mm fan blowing directly on it. If you don't have extra places on your motherboard to plug them in they do make splitters for the tiny 3-pin power input for the case fans. They also make case fans that use the more traditional 4-pin that connects to the PSU with the same interface as the disk drives and stuff. You can also find adapters that split traditional 4-pin to case fan 3-pin. Removing the side of the case entirely isn't a bad idea, it will help it vent. I used to have an HP with no additional places for fans so I just ripped the side of the case off. It only dropped CPU temps a degree or two though. If you don't have an aftermarket CPU fan you might want to look into that too...they can help over the little black fan that came with it.