computer starts then turns off after 5 seconds

roger68

Hi can anyone help me i have an imedia J2422 i left it on went to work came home and it was off , i turned it on it went to boot then shut down i check the inside the fans came on then just stopped working ive changed the motherboard and it still did the same thing then changed the cpu and it still done the same thing so i changed the power supply and its still doing the same can anyone help me plz.
Thanx roger

wicked

may have a short in power or problem with one of the switches my computer power button sticks and then turns off i mean its an idea youve tryed everything else.for a wile i couldnt find out y is was doing it till i pulled the power switch wire and jump the pin with a screw driver and it didnt do it again.

Dave Cummings

remove everything from the mainboard other than the ram, cpu, cpu cooler, - aka graphic cards, usb drives, hdd drives and cables, usb ports (ones that can be removed) and power cables to all hard drives etc, aka power only to the mainboard. and then try.
I once came across a Western Digital Drive that was causing the power supply to trip out.
if it stays on for a little while add each item back in one by one.

hope this helps

d