Cooler for a friend

salvage-this

FuryRosewood

no real maintenance involved with the h series other than blowing out the radiator with some compressed air once in a while to expel dust, otherwise its pretty much maintenance free

salvage-this

Great thanks. How do you have it set up? I heard that it performs better when you have the fan pointed in towards the case.

bomberboysk

Corsair H50, H70, or Noctua NH-C14 should all work fine for your situation. The H70 is relatively close in performance to other high end Air cooling solutions, and they are meant to be maintenance free. While having it blow into the case does reduce temperatures by ~2-3c, My personal opinion is having it exhaust is the better way, otherwise you will be dumping 100+ W of heat onto all the other components, such as the PWM circuitry, Chipset, Graphics Card, Power Supply, etc.

salvage-this

I heard that they were fairly comparable to a good air cooler. He does not need anything extreme. I would have gotten him the hyper 212+ or the Dark Knight if it weren't for that clearance problem.

So I'm wondering if there would be a problem with having the stock fan as a pull and the stock exhaust fan as a push? The stock fan is just a molex fan. Would that hurt the performance of the radiator if the push fan is spinning a lot faster than the pull fan?

I hope that makes sense.