Copy movies off DVD-R onto HDD?

mx344

hi, is there software that can copy the movie from a DVD-R disc? i have had a recorder that records onto these disc's for a couple years now, but now that i have a big HDD i want to store them on my Drive, any software for this?

lubo4444

hi, is there software that can copy the movie from a DVD-R disc? i have had a recorder that records onto these disc's for a couple years now, but now that i have a big HDD i want to store them on my Drive, any software for this?

This program is FREE. Try it:

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/SC-DVD-Copier-download_44852.html

Below it's the description of what the program does. It also says:

"DVD Copier can also copy DVD movies to hard drive without any loss of quality. You can then enjoy them anytime without DVD discs. own DVD copies no matter what copy prodvd copier can Copy any DVD (NTSC and PAL) from the DVD drive to your hard disk directly."

2048Megabytes

The program you recommended "SC DVD Copier 3.3.0.3" has malicious software embedded in it. When I downloaded it and installed it in my Windows Vista I immediately started having problems. Ran Spybot Search & Destroy and currently running a full scan of Malwarebytes to clean this garbage out of my hard drive. Heed my warning unless you like spyware infesting your Windows operating system.

hondro

I've been interested in this for a while too and from what I've read auto gordian knot is supposed to be one of the best one out. It's supposed to be really good at shrinking 4gb dvds into 700 mb avis without loss of quality but I tried using it and it was compressing for over a day before I finally just shut it off (I've got a decent processor there's no way it should've taken that long). But anyways idk if I just wasn't using it right or what. I haven't tried it since but maybe you'll have better luck with it. I also read about a couple of other ones that were supposed to be pretty good but I don't remember the names of them right now, sorry.

David_UK

Lots of advice and guides for this kind of stuff at:
www.videohelp.com
Select 'DVD backup' from the left.

As the user above found - lots of free video conversion tools come with malware because they are very popular.

Last edited: