Copywrite a DVD movie?

massahwahl

VIP Member
Im going to be photographing a wedding this September and one of the services I offer is putting together a dvd with all of the customers pictures so they can play it on the TV. Well, I wanted to charge for each individual dvd, but it seems like whenever I do one of these, I never get asked for extra copies, which I believe is because people can easily copy it.

I use Windows Movie Maker to do the movies, but is there any way to put a copy protection on the movie so they cant copy them? Or can i get a program that will do it for me?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Yes, but they aren't buying extra copies. You'll have to encourage them to by telling them they can't be copied, but that might upset some people, was my point.

g4m3rof1337

Offer a discount for purchasing multiple copies, or have them sign a waiver saying this wont be copied and stuff like that.

massahwahl

VIP Member
a waiver wont do me any good if i dont know their copying it.... and i do offer multiple copies but everyone knows they buy one and they can copy it...

G25r8cer

Putting protection on a dvd is pointless. If someone gets ahold of one and knows what they are doing it is Super easy to copy it. Have you heard of a program called PowerISO? It can copy any dvd no matter what the protection.

Zangetsu

But ordinary people don't know this kinda stuff like PowerISO or what ever. So if you put a protection on it, they'll maybe just go to the store and ask for a copy.

jgotfire

How much do you charge for making the movie?
How much is each copy?

I would not pay more then $2.00 a copy. If I paid for you to make a movie why would I pay you to make a bunch of copies? The only thing that you might have on the making of copies would be the speed compared to me and I bet your labels are better then mine…

massahwahl

VIP Member
I just do some memorex labels nothing to exciting. I just wanted to know if it was possible to protect them. I charge $5 per copy and include the first one free with their pictures.