core i7 + 2-gtx 260's low 3dmark06 score

speedysim313

So i built my new system today and i was doing some testing and benching. I ran 3dmark06 and i got 15961. Stock cpu speed 2.66GHz and stock graphic card speeds. I have 2 gtx 260's in sli. I think that 16,000 is a lil low for tht set up. I used the 3dmark06 demo. Also im wondering but not sure, when i view my score it tells me all i have is a single gtx 260 instead of 2, i dont kno if tht means anything.

6GB G Skill Ram @ 1066
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 260's in sli
Monsoon Vigor III cpu cooler
Windows Vista 64 bit
Antec Twelve Hundred Case

speedysim313

I went to nvidia control panel and i enabled sli, so tht shouldnt be a issue could old drivers be a culprit? and if i get the newest will the score improve alot?

bomberboysk

I went to nvidia control panel and i enabled sli, so tht shouldnt be a issue could old drivers be a culprit? and if i get the newest will the score improve alot?

Possibly... what os are you running? The newester drivers for Vista 32/64bit are 185.66 i believe(although beta, i run these drivers and they are awesome). Also.. you dont happen to have force vsync on do you? Because that can lower performance in benches.

bomberboysk

Ok, for starters lets try downloading these drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_185.68_beta.html

Next, have you thought maybe your gpu's fans arent running as fast as they should? I would try downloading evga precision and running your fans at 100%, but if 100% is too loud for you then i would set them at the highest noise level you can stand(the fan on my 9800gtx isnt too teriibly loud imo though...)

These drivers are beta, but i use them personally and all my games run fine. Another plus with these drivers is they have a new feature called ambient occlusion(google for more info on this feature);)

Gooberman

Also try overclocking processor that might help 920 can easily be overclocked to 3.6 GHz and higher :) just need good CPU cooler

bomberboysk

i will try it, thank you hope it works.

Another thing i would recommend is seeing what kinda scores you get in 3dmark vantage, as it deals with multiple gpu's a little more effectively than 3dmark06. PNY is still giving out free keys:
http://www.xlr8gaming.net/
Just register and then sign up for the 3dmark Vantage contest, i signed up about 2 days ago and got a key, and it appears everyone who signs up is getting keys. I got mine about 12hrs after signing up;)