Corsair Vengeance RAM problems?

SilentRabbit

Well basically in my build i used corsair vengeance RAM thats supposedly at 1866 Mhz!

Im not sure whether this is the same with all ram, like hard drives you pay for 500Gb and you get less if you see what im saying, but basically it runs at like 1333mhz or something, not bad but i payed for them with the intention of them running at 1866Mhz!

So if anyone can tell me whats up with them or how to fix them then thatd be great!

Im using a gigabyte Mobo and a i5-2500k at stock!

Thanks!

salvage-this

Ah let me clear that up for you. Intel XMP stands for Extreme Memory Profiles. The memory controller for current system have a limit of DDR3 1333. XMP will automatically set the RAM to the correct settings to run the RAM at the rated speeds.

brightlord

motherboard support 1866 mhz for ram?
And test ram by memtest86 this probram scan your ram error and pls work flash stick.

SilentRabbit

Thankyou for the help guys especially salvage-this!

It litterally took about 3 minutes, but hey i enabled it and its now runing at the correct frequency!

Thanks!

salvage-this

Happy to help. Glad to hear you got it working. Now that you have it running with the correct speeds and timings I would check them for stability. I have seen a few cases where XMP was not stable. This would be good to do before you take up your i5. Just to be sure that you can rule out RAM instability.

http://www.memtest.org/#screen
this would be the best to test the RAM.

I would either go with a .iso and burn it to a cd or the USB flash drive option.