cpu to cold?

g.raham

I recently moved my pc from on top of my desk to underneath it. Under my desk there is a vent from the air conditioning in my house blowing inside my case.
When my cpu is at stock speed (2.0GHz) the temp idles at 18°C and around 24°C load.

I'm wondering is that to low of a temp? I know that I will run into problems about heat... but what if its too cold?. atm, I oc'd it to 2.85GHz and the temp is around normal (37°C idle; 48°C load)

chupacabra

The temp is okay, worry when it does under 10c which is dangerous and you could probably half close the vent

taylormsj

I have my voltages at 1.42 V at 2.6 pretty stable but when i try going further it wont post even with a higher voltage :( - But 600MHz is a pretty nice over clock for me

ADE

banned
cold? lol. someone got his P4 OC to 5GHz at -120*C with liquid nitrogen. cold aint something to worry about, its to envy.

Impulse666

cold? lol. someone got his P4 OC to 5GHz at -120*C with liquid nitrogen. cold aint something to worry about, its to envy.

I posted that link yesterday, and it was 8Ghz.

Your temps are fine. If nothing else they are quite nice.

Geoff

VIP Member
Those temps are fine, and it's impossible tog et the CPU to cold without using some forum of cooling such as liquid nitrogen.

A couple years ago I had a vent outside my room in the winter, which led directly the my case. On the really cold days my CPU would be about 5C, and my video card about 20C.

Platinum

That's nice, I wish I could get my temps that low... although I dont really use my desktop anymore, I stick with my laptop. Speaking of which, I'm thinking of getting a notebook cooler, anybody have a recommendation?