crash!

bigpimp101

i have a custom pc. recently it crashed due to a virus. im not sure how to fix it and thats why im here. when i turn it on a screen comes up asking the different options to start up(safe mode, safe mode with dos, last working config) tried them all and they all lead me to a blue screen that said to restart my computer, run virus scan or check disc. it is definitely a virus and i would like to just start over with it but i have no idea how. some 1 help me pleaseeee! thank u

Seth

Its not definitely a virus...it could just be Windows has crashed. Which is what has happened. Firstly try a windows repair (Insert windows disk -> Boot set disk drive as first boot device in BIOS -> boot of disk -> Press R for repair when prompted -> type: "chkdsk /r" into the Dos prompt and let it go). If that doesnt fix it i'd just format it and start from scratch.

R_ACE1

Would it just be easier to just format the hard drive? (If using Windows XP) I heard that repairing the OS from the CD dosen't work.

Bigpimp101: If you have nothing to salvage from the computer just do a straight format. Turn on computer, install Windows CD, restart computer, go into BIOS and change 1st boot device to CD ROM and save settings, press any key when prompted to, follow instructions. Once Windows is installed go ahead and install the necessary drivers then any Window updates.

Hope this helps