Crashing how to diagnose?

cube10025

I had problem with my motherboard when i got it, fix it by updating bios. The computer started crashing and I notice the cpu cooling screws got loose, I now switched cooling and the cpu is now cool. Now my computer crash sometimes usually while playing games or when use allot of graphic, not often and random amount of time pass before it crash. Now is it the cpu, graphic card or motherboard? heres a pic when crash...

Spec:ASRock Z77 PRO3, G860 3.0, 8gbram, INTEL 330 120GB SSD, PowerColor Radeon HD7750 1024MB Corsair CX 600W, 64bit win 7

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 75

Darren

Staff member
Almost guaranteed that's a video card issue since it happens when gaming. Are all drivers for video card up to date? Make sure it's firmly seated and if it has power cables that they're fully seated and plugged in to the end of the card.

spirit

Staff member
Yep I think it's either a GPU or CPU problem. You mentioned the CPU cooler was getting lose - tried taking it off completely, putting new thermal paste on and reinstalling the cooler?

More likely it's to do with your GPU though. Firstly just try reseating the card, if it keeps happening, it's most likely the card is bad and needs to be sent back.

Darren

Staff member
He said he switched CPU cooling and it's alright now so that makes me think video card.

cube10025

Yes i am thinking the gpu, or motherboard find it a bit twitche. This card do not have extra power supply. Im trying to find a crash dump but no luck. No dmp file or anything in administration tool all get is the screen i posted. Thinking of replacing hole computer minus ram, not happy with ether the motherboard, graphic card or cpu.

Darren

Staff member
System should be fine, you just may a faulty piece of hardware. Did you try reseating the video card and reinstalling latest drivers?

spirit

Staff member
When you reseat it, if the card is dusty, get some canned air and clean it out. The heat of the GPU could also potentially be the problem.

cube10025

Its not the gpu heating just change the cooler, is there a program that can monitor the computer so i know whats stops?

cube10025

Played around in my computer suddenly it started crashing all the time. Open it again and took the graphic card out, blew out some dust and now no crashing yet, can dust make the computer crash? Never experience that before. Also have a BitFenix Ghost chassi there are no hex bolt for the motherboard you just screw it right to the chassi could this be the problem?

Quickpaw

As spirit pointed out, the GPU could have been overheating and this would cause the kinds of issues you saw. If cleaning out the dust has helped the card may be alright now.

If it happens while its clean as well then I'd say its a faulty card.