Crazy Facebook.

NaughtyMonkey

I used to be a very active member here on this forum but my interested moved away from Computers. Still get on here from time to time.

So I get a call from my mom last night freaking out saying that the pictures on her facebook are moving. Like the picture of my sister, her hands were moving, and her head was spinning.

She claims that my cousin got on her facebook and changed all her photos from a different computer, while she was on her facebook. She's been on facebook constant for like two days straight. Then when ever I look, I don't see anything. She says he must have changed them back.

Then she says that he must be able to hear / see us through the webcam on the laptop. I have the webcam disabled and to think about it, I don't think I ever installed the drivers for it.

Also she said she got messages from him saying that he's going to kill the whole family. I looked and didn't see any of this. She said he must have deleted them. I don't think you can delete messages on facebook, just archive them. Or am I wrong?

Is any of this even possible? I highly doubt it, but just to keep my mind at peace let me know. I appreciate it.

This all sounds weird I know.

Thanks to all that help.

PohTayToez

Not trying to be an ass but it sounds like your mom is crazy.

Facebook converts all images to JPG, so there is literally no way someone could upload a moving picture. It would also be very hard for him to gain remote access to her computer without previously having direct access to it, or cooperation with someone who did.

All possible, Heard about this kind of thing before, but the guy is taking a joke too far. Sure he can see her, sure he can make a picture move, but the rest......

Awkward.

Geoff

VIP Member
All possible, Heard about this kind of thing before, but the guy is taking a joke too far. Sure he can see her, sure he can make a picture move, but the rest......

Awkward.
Yes that's possible, but not on facebook. For one facebook doesn't allow animated GIF's. You also can't delete other peoples messages unless you are on their account.

tremmor

My kids talked me into signing up. Don't use it. Newspapers require it for comment. I kept my self logged in for a reply on newspaper articles. Got an email and facebook asked were you calling from Moscow on your cell phone. Oh well. reset and have to log in and out everytime i reply on the paper. Not a big fan of facebook.
Like Skype though for family and friends.