Crazy!

Aastii

VIP Member
Are you only just hearing about this? It has been out for a long, long time.

I don't really see the market for it if I am honest. Most people would sooner have 1 chip, or if they are going for a server, proper server hardware. Even folders would find it better to have 2 separate boards as it would be cheaper, even if you factor in the power supply, hard drive and memory needed

Okedokey

Yeah, i am aware of many things but this one slipped my attention, but by a long time you mean 12 months? Well that is a long time in computing i guess.

jonnyp11

w8, so no 990x's, or are xeons any similar or better, idk much bout them other than they are popular in workstations, or at least were

jonnyp11

i think i saw that crysis one took more to max cuz this one they made it cross platform so they couldn't go as detailed, but still, and isn't this a server board though, or does that matter

Russ88765

The airflow potential must be off the charts with that thing. I would want something that fits desktop processors too though(preferrably my current amd chip), because I don't really have a use for server/workstation gear in my house.

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

i was going to say with w3550s it wouldnt be that bad to populate that board, but 5000 and 6000 xeon chips...would cost a bit... but really i dont see why their even advertising it, most xeons are not meant for overclocking, their meant for dead stable performance and ecc reliability, and most people here are not looking for it...its like their trying to fit an elephant into a corvette...its stupid IMHO

claptonman

My friend has a $3000+ Mac setup with two xeon quad cores in it. Does a lot of photoshop and video editing. The thing's a monster.