Creating another primary partition?

DarkLightA

Hi there!

I've got C (OS) as primary, obviously. I've also got three others that came with the PC. D:, recovery, primary, and two unnamed partitions, one primary and the other EISA.

Because of this, it seems, I can't make a new primary partition. Can you guys help?

-DarkLightA

User0one

Change one of the Primary Partitions to Extended, then you can make more Logical Partitions inside that one.

G25r8cer

Did your computer come with a Installation disk or did you make restore disks. If you hve the installation disk I would wipe all partitions besides the biggest one (primary). Then create a new partition.

lucasbytegenius

You can do that within Windows by typing Disk Utility into the Start Menu and opening that. You can resize them and everything.

lucasbytegenius

Yes. However, you must install the OS(s) you want to dual-boot with on the logical partition first, then install your primary OS on one of the primaries after you install the others.

tyttebøvs

Windows? The order is determined by what version it is. Oldest goes first. Otherwise you must fix the boot files yourself.

Installing on a primary first is fine.

lucasbytegenius

I've had issues doing that(installing on a logical after)-and it is extremo complicated to modify the longhorn series BCD boot manager.