Creative Zen 4gb MP3 player

minfingr

hi. ive had this mp3 player for a couple of months. today, i took it out of my pocket and it had the 'shutting down' box on the display. nothing crazy. but it never shut down. now it's frozen and i can't manually shut it down and there's nowhere to access the battery. is there any way to shut it down? like a code or something? anybody know what the problem is?

Jet

VIP Member
? Which one do you have? The Zen Micro you just slide off the battery cover, and then hold the switch to "start" while you take the battery out and put it back in.

minfingr

it's not the zen micro. im not sure which one. the mid size one that looks just like a nano. black, blue, 4gb. it says 'v plus' on the back, im assuming thats the model.

kobaj

VIP Member
I have the 2 gig version but it should be the same. If you look on the side there is a reset button that you must press with a sharp pencil or pen. Its near the power switch. I had mine lock up like that before, this fixed it. Granted, it deletes all your music and settings...

minfingr

cool. thank you.

earlier i was in class and i connected it to a computer without the software installed. i copied and pasted the files onto the computer to play them on media player, then didn't do the 'safely remove hardware' task when disconnecting it. i went to shut it off, seeing the 'shutting down' box and put it in my pocket without checking to see if it actually shut down. do you think this is what messed it up? connecting it to a computer that doesn't have the zen software?

edit: it didn't wipe out my music and settings! thank god!

thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Joe2005

I never used to take that remove safely thing seriously, until my flash drive got wiped out! I can't believe yanking it out will mess it up but going through the washer AND dryer dosent :rolleyes: