Crysis in Windows 7 64

d3adpoetic

I have an issue with Crysis in Win 7 64 bit.

The game itself runs normally once i get into the game. When i go into the setting to change something i click 'apply' the box comes up asking if im sure, i click 'yes' and then Crysis "stops working" and shuts down. It sometimes saves the changes i was trying to make, sometimes it doesnt. I've tried running it in DX9 and DX10, and while DX9 gets a better framerate, it still has the settings issue. Other than trying to save settings the menu works just fine, i can start a new game, load games, etc...

I've installed the 3 patches i know of (1.1,1.2 & 1.2.1)... is there a 64bit patch?

Thanks.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have an issue with Crysis in Win 7 64 bit.

The game itself runs normally once i get into the game. When i go into the setting to change something i click 'apply' the box comes up asking if im sure, i click 'yes' and then Crysis "stops working" and shuts down. It sometimes saves the changes i was trying to make, sometimes it doesnt. I've tried running it in DX9 and DX10, and while DX9 gets a better framerate, it still has the settings issue. Other than trying to save settings the menu works just fine, i can start a new game, load games, etc...

I've installed the 3 patches i know of (1.1,1.2 & 1.2.1)... is there a 64bit patch?

Thanks.

you are on the latest patch and no, there isn't a specific 64 bit patch.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your video card drivers. It could always just be another stupid bug in the CryEngine, there are hundreds of them still after all. They sort of went "lets make it look awesome, but perform like crap!!"

Christian Darrall

what GPU are you using. i Had the same problem with Company of heros gold edition. and i found out that turning off Anti Aliasing stoped the problem

I recon it could be caused by low GPU memory or somthing, cuz i have not had any problem with any other game. But having said that i have not tested Win7 X64

Aastii

VIP Member
what GPU are you using. i Had the same problem with Company of heros gold edition. and i found out that turning off Anti Aliasing stoped the problem

I recon it could be caused by low GPU memory or somthing, cuz i have not had any problem with any other game. But having said that i have not tested Win7 X64

it is in his sig, EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked Edition

That should pwn Crysis

d3adpoetic

it is in his sig, EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked Edition

That should pwn Crysis

it pwns it pretty well :D

although ill consider upgrading once the dx11 cards come out. i want something with 1gb+ memory and it seems pointless to get a new one right now.

Aastii

VIP Member
should get more than 30-40FPS with a 260 SC i would have thought, i get that with my 8800GT and with AA at 4x

at intense parts i'd imagine that would grind down to maybe a quarter of that :p On a 260 you would get constand 30-40 regardless of what is going on on screen

ScottALot

All I could think about is the AA, but maybe a bad card? Because those SC's are beast, they should adapt.