Curious about Netbooks

drm45

I read an article recently about how Netbook sales are going to increase by 80% in 2009. I never really understood the use of them, but recently decided to check them out. I think I am going to purchase a Dell Netbook. And see what uses I can have for them. They are pretty cheap. However, before I do this I wanted to hear what uses people had for netbooks.

This article had said that they are becoming useful recipe books in the kitchen. What do you think?

bosing

the function is basically the same with the notebook except that it has no cd/dvd drive. screen are smaller and they weigh less. Having no cd/dvd drive means you can extend the life of the battery. so far the longest battery life is 9.5 hrs with Asus 10004HE. I have a review on my signature about the best netbook for now.

dannaswolcott

I am going to get a ACER or a HP with in the next few weeks. I have seen a few people with the acer one and I have used it. Awesome little thing for the price. Some one I know sent their Dell Mini back for a motherboard replacement, Ill never buy dell. But yah, The net books are awesome. I did not like them at frist, But now that I had the chance to really use one I am gonna get one.

dznutz

cd media are being phased out for flash media. and netbooks are portable and inexpensive. good for the current trend

lovely?

I am going to get a ACER or a HP with in the next few weeks. I have seen a few people with the acer one and I have used it. Awesome little thing for the price. Some one I know sent their Dell Mini back for a motherboard replacement, Ill never buy dell. But yah, The net books are awesome. I did not like them at frist, But now that I had the chance to really use one I am gonna get one.

the dell's arent really bad, its a good netbook, and its only just as likely to fail as any other maker.

Acer and ASUS are the best in my opinion.

Core2Deano

Hi there,
Im on my Asus 900HA right now in fact. Im currently in school, enjoy computers,net browsing and occasional gaming. I've configured my netbook to do all these things will relative ease.

One thing thats good to know that most netbooks are pretty much a 2-3 year old laptop made tiny as many have said.

Make sure you get one with Windows XP. That will deliver best peformance/compatability with programs and system RAM. Also make sure you get an external DVD drive to install stuff.

I have the following games installed: WoW, GTA III, GTA San Andreas, XIII, Soldier of Fortune II, Red Alert II, Age of Empires II, The Sims, Diablo II and more to come.

Any more questions, im too happy to answer.

speedyink

VIP Member
Hi there,
Im on my Asus 900HA right now in fact. Im currently in school, enjoy computers,net browsing and occasional gaming. I've configured my netbook to do all these things will relative ease.

One thing thats good to know that most netbooks are pretty much a 2-3 year old laptop made tiny as many have said.

Make sure you get one with Windows XP. That will deliver best peformance/compatability with programs and system RAM. Also make sure you get an external DVD drive to install stuff.

I have the following games installed: WoW, GTA III, GTA San Andreas, XIII, Soldier of Fortune II, Red Alert II, Age of Empires II, The Sims, Diablo II and more to come.

Any more questions, im too happy to answer.

Another happy 900HA owner :)

I love mine, I installed Windows 7 on it and couldn't be happier. I've played FEAR on this bad boy, definitely not bad for an atom :D

Last edited:
Laptops are quite better than netbook so i would recommend you that you should buy a laptop instead of netbook since laptop is better than netbook both in feature wise and in look.
138l1310.jpg