damned loud fans

Ku-sama

banned
im killing my fans, lol, i powere'd her up and was louder then 6 80mm fans.... so im putting a kill switch in for about maybe 3-4 of the fans because they are friggen obnoxious

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Do you not have some sort of controller on your motherboard? My older 80mm fans are quite loud but tuned down a bit and they are quite pleasent.

Perhaps you should invest in higher performace fans so you can turn them down and still get pretty good air flow.

Muse-Me

I'm so tempted to say something but I won't.....
It may be worth the money to spend if it really bothers you THAT much.
The price you have to pay......

Ku-sama

banned
i might, but that doesnt help all of the fans id rather have them on or off, nothing in between

also, what were you gonna say sweetie? :p

Altanore

My computer is loud too with 14 fans going...

Mostly my 90mm window fan is the cause. I hooked it up to my lightbus so I can control it or turn it off and on to reduce noise. However, I don't mind the noise, I get used to it.

Ku-sama

banned
i did too, but when i take it to school, or am talking on the phone, its annoying, expecially sence they are all high CFM

Muse-Me

Ku-sama said:
or, how about, i have good quality fans, just too many of them

So stop complaining. Surely you're used to it by now...:rolleyes:
You should be able to adjust the volume on your phone,
Well actually, it's not like you listen anyway, :p
(I couldn't resist)

Last edited:

Muse-Me

Ku-sama said:
headaches.... annoyingness as a background noise? hmmm... not really
Perhaps it's cause your sinus infection that it's bothering you atm?
I've never heard you complain of headaches from it before....:p

Ku-sama

banned
i had alot of headaches, and i dont complain about them like you do... and they werent recent, as you know, my computer has been out of comission for awhile anyways

Muse-Me

Ku-sama said:
i had alot of headaches, and i dont complain about them like you do... and they werent recent, as you know, my computer has been out of comission for awhile anyways

If I complain about headaches it's cause you give me one :p
So, just take them out then, surely you don't need them all.....

Ku-sama

banned
that leaves me with 92mm and 120mm gaping holes in my case, and id like them to be able to be used IF NEEDED, like with overclocking and shit like that, but with normal use, i want it to be quiet

helmie

Thermaltake fans are pretty good. My soprano's fans (2x 120mm, 1x 92mm) run at 21dBA, and shift plenty of air.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ku-Sama..there is one thing that you should know. One 21dB fan will make the same amount of noise as 10 of the same fans. Therefore, you either have one or more that are louder than the others or you have bought some cheap noisy fans.

JAN :D

Rambo

jancz3rt said:
Ku-Sama..there is one thing that you should know. One 21dB fan will make the same amount of noise as 10 of the same fans.

Really? So, like, say if there were 20,000 people all standing side by side, and then they all started talking at 30dB, the noise level would not exceed 30dB??

Ku-sama

banned
i have 4 60CFM 92mm fans, 113CFM 120mm, 43CFM 120mm, 33CFM 120mm, 2 40CFM 80mm fans, and some other little fans. its nice to occoaisioally turn them off

Xycron

banned
Rambo said:
Really? So, like, say if there were 20,000 people all standing side by side, and then they all started talking at 30dB, the noise level would not exceed 30dB??
Teoretically, but it would never happen,becuase no one would be able to hear what anyone else owuld say so everyone would keep raising there voices so the people next to them could here :p It happens in class rooms when your allowed to "whipser" all the time.