decent gaming pc?

beers

Staff member
It's okayish. The video card is a little on the lower end of the spectrum though.

What particular games do you play?

tylerjrb

id stick to building it yourself and putting the saved money into better components. Plus those cases are pretty small and not of the best quality.

i would atleast go for a r9 270 or better and for cost stick to amd. So get if possible an fx 8320 or if possible an fx 8350 cpu.

something like in the list below, you can maybe put a less costly board and memory in but they are both very good.

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TYZpQ7) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TYZpQ7/by_merchant/)

Last edited:

em32

I know building a gaming PC would be cheaper, but i couldn't tell you the first thing about building a pc. As for the games i would be playing on it, i don't really have a specific list of games, but i don't think i'd be playing anything like LoL or WoW or anything like that really. The games i'd be playing range. Some would be only games you can get on pc and some would be games you can get on consoles too. Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 4, CoD, etc. I would mainly be using the PC to stream with an HD PVR (or a similiar device) from my xbox 360/one/ps3/ps4. And also like i said the PC does not have to play all pc games in the highest quality, just something that isn't messy when it does play.

Also, i just found this pc so i'd like some input on if this would be able to do that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-Desk...1422911360?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item1c455e9780

Thanks for the help so far guys, i hope to hear more from you.

beers

Staff member
That ebay link is a bit overpriced for an old build. You'd be essentially buying a 3 year old computer.

tylerjrb

Agreed with beers comment. Buying a prebuilt PC is ok but essentially you have no idea if something goes wrong and no idea how to upgrade anything in the future. Not only will it save you money but it will give you a good starting knowledge for the future. It really is not hard to do there are many great guides and videos you can follow. Consider putting some more cash in if possible. What is your maximum budget?

dave39

Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 4, CoD, etc. I would mainly be using the PC to stream with an HD PVR (or a similiar device) from my xbox 360/one/ps3/ps4. And also like i said the PC does not have to play all pc games in the highest quality, just something that isn't messy when it does play.

I think you'd be better off picking your parts like others have suggested.
It is fairly easy even with limited knowledge. These forums are a great resource and if you provide us with a budget than you will get some great suggestions.
If you pick the components out and then purchase them all through a vendor who will also build the computer for you than you won't need to worry about much.
You can go from a total computer noob to understanding what's good and why with just a little research around here and other similar forums.
I'm by no stretch of the imagination as knowledgeable as some of the other members on here but just from a bit of research over the years (whenever I want to buy a new PC or components) I have been able to figure out builds that don't break my budget and offer great performance.

bomatt

If you have about $2,000 to spend i would get alien ware or asus. it also depends on if you want to get a desktop or laptop. if i was buying a gaming pc i would go desktop and that's just because that's my personal preference.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah you'll get a way better machine by building it. It's fun, easy as legos (literally), and doesn't take long (few hours from parts on the table to a functioning machine).

Almost all of the members here have a lot of experience building machines and are happy to help you out. Also there's guides and videos everywhere. Give us a budget and we can tell you what to order and walk you through the building process.

If you absolutely need a prebuilt then I would suggest going to CyberPower or iBUYPOWER sites and directly configure a machine.

ninjabubbles3

It seems fine, but the graphics card isn't too great, I have an overclocked 250x tho, and its pretty good for the cost. For newer games, which I don't play, I heard that the 285 came out or is coming out, so maybe check that out.