defrag help

I have win xp if I use the Defrag program that comes with it would you say it will do the same job as if I got a FREE defrag program???

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I think XP's defrag program works ok. Other options would be defraggler or Auslogic's disk defrag.

CardboardSword

I know a lot of users here swear by defraggler. I always used the XP tool on my old computer, never had any issues, although it's entirely likely that defraggler does a better job.

thanks but

Does anyone know if there is something to Cleanne Hard Discs???

I know about CCleanner but it is not that good.

I do a cleanning and fix registry errors but wen I run it again it says the same things need to be fixed.

are there any good ones out there for FREE

lubo4444

Does anyone know if there is something to Cleanne Hard Discs???

I know about CCleanner but it is not that good.

I do a cleanning and fix registry errors but wen I run it again it says the same things need to be fixed.

are there any good ones out there for FREE

CCleaner is the best one out there that probably everybody will suggest.

thanks but

There is a program called Kill Disk and it is used to get rid of Data on Hard Disc or devices.
It is good for one time then you can buy it.
Does anyone know of a good FREE one like this+

Jeanne

banned
Hi, I would like to add some more about defragmenting disk.

Before defragmenting disk, you should do something in advance.

1. You should clean up the junk files and information.

Since your system work for a long time, the junk files may cram many unconscious operations may result in junk files. They are temporary files when installing the programs, cache files after browsing, DLL files left by deleting software and error files produced by shutting down the computer forcedly.

It is common that most users are inclined to use the disk cleaning up programs in the Windows, at the same time, you can also turn to certain more powerful defragmenter to help you.

2. You should check and restore any mistake in the hard disk.

Of course, you can have a try of the Disk Scan Program of Windows firstly. Although it really takes a lot of time to repair it, as long as you are patient enough, the most errors and mistakes can be restored after complete and detailed scanning.