Dell Financial services

x1222

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with Dell financial services? I know from the past they have been terrible and frauding people and had a few lawsuits. But has is it improved and is safe now to apply for a monthly payment plan. None of the fancy no interest stuff, just pay monthly with interest.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are talking about a Dell Preferred Account, I have one and am paying monthly for a laptop I bought almost 2 years ago. I've had no problems with them whatsoever. I'm actually thinking about ordering a 17" laptop the same way.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you are talking about a Dell Preferred Account, I have one and am paying monthly for a laptop I bought almost 2 years ago. I've had no problems with them whatsoever. I'm actually thinking about ordering a 17" laptop the same way.
I hope the payments are low, I couldn't imagine taking out a loan for a laptop and paying it off for 2 years!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
They are low. Thats all I can afford right now. When you are divorced with child support you don't tend to have a lot of money to play with even with my 3 jobs.

bomberboysk

[-0MEGA-];1228695 said:
I hope the payments are low, I couldn't imagine taking out a loan for a laptop and paying it off for 2 years!

Haha lol, could you imagine paying like $300/month for a laptop?XD

dannaswolcott

I used Best Buy account and my Circuit City account when I got my laptops locally. I rather do it that way. I have had someone buy from dell and made payments and they messed up from the start ( they sent the wrong pc to start of with ) then they messed up the total amount that was due. I have had horrible experience with dell all around. Id stay away.

x1222

They are low. Thats all I can afford right now. When you are divorced with child support you don't tend to have a lot of money to play with even with my 3 jobs.
Wow 3 jobs, that's tough man. I have enough trouble with 1. At least you had a good experience with dell.

I used Best Buy account and my Circuit City account when I got my laptops locally. I rather do it that way. I have had someone buy from dell and made payments and they messed up from the start

How long ago was this? Did they fix it all at the end though? I wouldnt mind getting one locally, but I find the computers on the dell site are a lot more stronger and cheaper.

dannaswolcott

Well no they never did fix the problem. The dell went back for repair 3 times, My friend sued dell because they would not fix it the correct way and they won. They have bought a Gateway and have been happy ever since. I would just stay away from them. My self and other people have had nothing but problems with dell. My school sent 300 dells back and got all hps and gateways because of the problems they had.

dannaswolcott

Well no they never did fix the problem. The dell went back for repair 3 times, My friend sued dell because they would not fix it the correct way and they won. They have bought a Gateway and have been happy ever since. I would just stay away from them.

And they never fixed the pricing.

Sailor

Hola: I have had a TERRIBLE time with Dell Financial Services. After almost 1 year of fruitless attempts to PAY for my computer up front - no payments - they still haven't managed to get it right. It took me over 6 months to get them to accept a check (!) which they cashed. Now they claim I owe late fees and penalties, etc. The real problem is that when I ordered the computer via phone, they got my Social Security number wrong, and say they cannot talk to me because my data doesn't match. Of course they won't tell me what their version of my SSA # is....
This is all made more difficult because I don't live in the US, although I'm a US citizen. If anyone has a sure-fire, bombproof way of cutting through the lower layers of their bureaucracy and actually talking to someone in Dell Financial Services in the USA, Please pass it on to me. I'm about to contact my state Attorney General about this..

Sailor
Somewhere in Mexico

PohTayToez

[-0MEGA-];1228695 said:

Yeah, dell has some pretty low payment plans... you can get a $2000 computer for $50 a month. Of course it's just about obsolete when you're done paying for it 4 years later, and you pay about 25% more in interest.

remixedcat

banned
Fraudsters-One word to descibe the sickening company known as dell.

I worked there. I know thier tactics. I was in build.... sen people drop hard drives, and processors on the floor and pick em right up and put em in the systems.....