dell

inferno14

i have a dell dimension 4700 casing. can u guys tell me which mother board will fit into this casing? or is it too outdated?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and buy a new case as well. Dell cases have proprietary motherboard connections. They have the usb and power connectors all on one connector.

Deviousmind

Do yourself a favor and buy a new case as well. Dell cases have proprietary motherboard connections. They have the usb and power connectors all on one connector.

Agreed if you have the money for a new pc build (with a decent psu) dont cut back on the case, get one that offers decent cooling combined with alot more features that a "DELL" case cant
offer

Drenlin

Actually, if I'm seeing this right, the 4700 has standard usb and audio headers, and a light/switch plug that could fairly easily be modified to work.

However, it's still a terrible case, and you probably shouldn't put a computer in it.

As far as picking a motherboard, what other parts are you wanting to use?

inferno14

what u mean what other parts? u mean from the old dell pc?
i want to use some parts from the dell computer and build a new one. will that work?

Last edited:

Drenlin

That's a pentium 4 system, right?

Newer parts are not compatible with it, with the exception of the CD/DVD drive and hard drive. I'd replace the hard drive anyway, though...it can't have much longer to live, and a new one would be larger and MUCH faster.

inferno14

the hard drive is actually not that bad, its a seagate 120gb 7200 sata. and yeah its a pentium 4. im a little confused about pci cards, could u suggest some to get for a just above average office and movie watching desktop.