Desperately need some help

kiranbvsn

hello Every one ! I am new to this forum
I am trying to buy desktop computer
where in which i searched every where for monitors,motherboards and rams
but i've ended up with nothing but collected few information which i am confused :confused:

so, please any one help me on this regard of choosing high end desktop computer with minimum budget of around 30k
:D
My specifications and types what i've searched are

Monitor: samsung 2333hd or 2333sw
( i want only 21",but i am getting full specs with 23" and don't find any model with hdmi support and with some what less price):eek:

Processor: i5 (not i7 only i5):rolleyes:

Ram : ddr 3 (I don't know which fsb has to prefer and from which manufacturer):eek:

motherboard: fully confused ( but i am preferring 8 channel audio and don't understand what is ATX and Extended ATX):eek:

please anyone help me on this whole confused thing

my basic needs is to : 1) compatible with desinging softwares such as maya,blender

2) playing games

3) for programming purpose

4) last but not least : sometimes watching movies

Last edited:

kiranbvsn

hello,

not that much high end( my budget is 30000indian rupees or 600$ for whole desktop computer:eek:)

I want to know the basic components best brand names

something like

:rolleyes: motherboard that was best suited for i5 2.66 processor (with all features)

:cool:monitor of around 20" to 22" that will go hdmi support with minimum cost (150-190$)

:)and ram ddr3 800 fsb or 1600 fsb from good or best manufacturer

forexample: one of friend suggested me zotac motherboard with nvidea 8300 chipset will be best suited for i5 processor, and he also added that when we add graphic card of above 8300 series (ex: 9800 series), the motherboard will only use the 9800 series card at the times of gaming and for all the rest of the desktop applications, board may use 8300 series built in video card.

I don't know how much it is true
but when i tried to look into the reviews and ratings of zotac motherboard, i ended up with below average performance.

in this way i got confused with monitors too

please help me in this regard

Last edited:

irronstone

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor ($200)

Intel BOXDP55WB LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ($100)

ASUS Bravo 9500/DI/512MD2 GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card ($70)

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-2GBNQ ($55)

APEVIA X-Gear ATXB5KLW-GN Green Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 420W for AMD/Intel Power Supply ($50)

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJB 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($60)

Total is around $534... But this does not include keyboard/mouse/monitor. You're looking a pretty good monitor though. What i did was basically build you a 'decent' system around your i5 preference. This is pretty hard to do with a i5... might i suggest just getting a intel core duo or amd athlon x2? Both are cheaper (much cheaper) than an i5 and that would allow you to get a 21 or 22" monitor. Good luck and hope this helps.

kiranbvsn

Thanks ironstone and IBEPCWIZ :D

As i already had WD 500GB internal hard disk ( i am not planning one though :rolleyes:)

I've a doubt that if Intel BOXDP55WB LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard will support ddr 3 then i am planning to take 4GB(ddr3).
and also i've gone through newegg reviews in which they specified that it is not supported for Windows 7 (64bit), and if we tried to instal windows 7 on it generates BSoD.

Right now I wanna skip Graphic card (hey how about zotaic motherboard, in which they are giving on built nvidea 9800 gt video card ):confused: ( i am just asking though)

Last edited:

kiranbvsn

pls suggest ironstone as i am expecting best system at the second week of december (previously i mention second of december and forgot to metion week, sorry though :D)

And my budget will be as follows (overall budget may be around 600-650$)

Motherboard- 100-110$

Processor - 200$ (intel i5-750 2.66Ghz)

Ram - 100$ (DDR3-4GB)

Monitor - 150$ (planning to take any best samsung 21" with hdmi support)

(in worst case only i will go for samsung 23" 2333hd or 2333sw, which it will cost more :eek: 4 me)

Hard disk : I am skipping this as i already had 500GB internal WD :)

Graphic or video card: Right now i am skipping this option
(But if there is any chance of getting the best motherboard with onboard graphics,having all features with good performance and supports i5/i7, i will sure buy that motherboard) -- pls suggest me on this point.

cabinet - 50-60$

UPS - 50$ (APC- I donno the best model though :eek:)

keyboard and mouse : I am having it already.

irronstone

Most boards i come across with 1566 socket type seem to have windows 7 issues, but ASRock P55M Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard doesn't seem to have any bad reviews for Windows 7, just some O/C issues but i doubt you will be doing that. Its $100.

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 ($95)

I still stand on my suggestion for case/psu combo.

With what i got there, you have i5 ($200), motherboard ($100), monitor ($150), Ram ($95), Case/PSU ($50), Total is $595 and this setup should last you. Unfortunetely you won't be able to get a motherboard with Onboard Video for under $110 because of the i5/7 capability.

kiranbvsn

if that type of motherboard exists definitely i will spend extra amount( ~110+50$=160$) on that ( Assuming it will have further support to extend the functionality of future video card in future).

something like(for example only)
if the existing motherboard has inbuilt GT8300 support
and in future if i want to go for 9800GT (external),then that motherboard shall capable of using both features.

But how about the following boards ironstone, i've searched in Newegg (they haven't come up with onboard graphics though :( )
MSI P55M-GD45 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail $ 120
ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - $150

Last edited:

irronstone

I did what i could and with an 1156 socket for i5/7 there seem to be no motherboards with onboard video. Both those motherboards are fine though and will support a future video card of some kind.