Difference between Macbook and Macbook Pro.

Jet

VIP Member
I am considering a Mac for when I go to college, but I am torn between a Macbook Pro and standard Macbook. Can anyone tell me the difference?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I personally think that a Mac is a great choice for a notebook (will be getting one myself when the time comes for a desktop and laptop...). Very stable, good customer support and easy to use. As for college, a regular Macbook will probably do fine, unless you want to do gaming. One other thing to remember with Macs, they may be a little more expensive when purchasing, but they also hold their value much better as well...

Technogab

I personally think that a Mac is a great choice for a notebook (will be getting one myself when the time comes for a desktop and laptop...). Very stable, good customer support and easy to use. As for college, a regular Macbook will probably do fine, unless you want to do gaming. One other thing to remember with Macs, they may be a little more expensive when purchasing, but they also hold their value much better as well...
I have a Macbook and love it. It depends on what you will be doing with it. The Macbook Pro's come with larger screens, Firewire 800/400, and they have dedicated video memory. The Macbook's memory is shared. But I never had a problem. The Macbook also just has Firewire 400 which also is not a problem, it's still plenty fast. I have a Core Duo 1.83 Ghz with 2GB of ram and the laptop is extremely fast. But if you are doing heavy graphics or gaming, and you need Firwire 800, you may want to get a Pro, but for most, a regular Mackbook is fine.

Also as far as being more expensive than a PC? It's really not. When you consider all the great software that comes on a Mac, it's really a better deal. In order for you to get the equivalet programs on a PC such as Imovie, Garageband, IDVD, Iphoto, Iweb, you would have spent more on the PC than the Mac. And those programs are very powerful, they are not just fillers thrown on there that don't work well. The entire Ilife suite is very powerful and easy to use

Last edited: