Dlink wireless problems

PcFreak14

Well ever since i reset my router,due to the some logging into the router settings and changing the password and all. So heres my problem now that i reset and changed everything on the router, im having problems staying connected. I always recieve the bubble on the start bar, "Limited or no conectinvity" , the thing is i never had this message appear before i reset the router. So i think theres something i may have forgot to do in the router settings. Anyone have a clue what i need to change. thanks again steve:cool:

slaphappylinksys

this may sound stupid but do you have it next to anything magnetic or near a microwave ect i had mine next to the speaker on my computer and it started doing really funky things kicking me off and not even allowing wired connection moved it away reset it works fine moved it back and the problem came back, ive also had this problem moved unplug the wireless router and modem cable or phone either or plug the router back in after 15 sec and plug the modem might clear the problem.

eztrog88

firmware up to date? d-link gets picky with out of date firmware. also try resetting everything at once. Shut down comp, turn of and unplug modem and router, leave for 1-2mins. turn modem and router on then reboot.

PcFreak14

yea its up to date, ver.3.23...unless when you reset with the pinhole on back, does it downgrade the firmware? if so then ill have to upgrade again

PcFreak14

Well i was just thinking if i did the little pinhole button reset on the router, does that downgrade the firmware.? if so them ill have to get the newest one..