Do all wireless adapters disconnect all the time?

Mateo1041

It just seems that integrated WiFi like you find on laptops is way more reliable than some USB adapter or card you plug into a desktop PC. I have a client that's on a Linksys WMP300N similar to this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4107JNSQKHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It continually disconnects and refreshes the connection which causes him to experience frequent short outages when browsing and checking email.

Would this just be a bad adapter or something else wrong, maybe even on the wireless router side of things? Every adapter they've had (on multiple PCs) has seemed pretty flaky (Linksys and Netgear). Am I just not getting the right hardware or are adapters always like this?

PohTayToez

I have three Netgear USB wireless adapters that I got off of woot.com for cheap, and they all work great, so I think it's just yours.

Mateo1041

What would make a wireless adapter(s) constantly reconnect all the time, though? The wireless router not holding a signal? Some kind of wireless obstruction in the house?

bomberboysk

What would make a wireless adapter(s) constantly reconnect all the time, though? The wireless router not holding a signal? Some kind of wireless obstruction in the house?

Drivers, loose antenna, faulty card, low signal, could be lots of things.

Mateo1041

Well, can't be low signal unless something in the house is blocking it. They've had this issue with a few adapters now. Thanks, though. Will check the antenna.