do you use anti-static bags/sheets?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes if iremove stuff iput the on anti-static bags,and messing inside the pc i will constantly keep toutching the case.

funkysnair

VIP Member
You're an idiot.

no mate i am a fruit and nut-

i think i revived this thread by mistake all i do is press "new threads" and this come up!! tell you what tho, ill not loose any sleep.....

on topic!

i do sell my computer stuff on and i put them in antstatic bags but im not sure if it'll help as ive already handled it outside the bag with no earth strap?

Last edited:

fortyways

banned
hurray 10 points to you my friend

Actually, I'm curious. How does this happen? What would possess you to reply to a several-month-old topic? Surely you were not unaware that the topic was dead, surely you understand the chronological listing of topics and could not have come across this on accident and thought you were replying to a current thread. Right?

So what is it? Do you think you're funny? Is this your idea of satire? Or maybe your input on anti static bags was just so hot that you felt compelled to share it with someone that will never read it?

Please enlighten me as to what, if anything, was going through your head when you did this.

fortyways

banned
on topic!

i do sell my computer stuff on and i put them in antstatic bags but im not sure if it'll help as ive already handled it outside the bag with no earth strap?

There is no topic for you to be on. There is no thread here. This thread is gone. This is just you degrading the value of this forum.

funkysnair

VIP Member
no i did not realise! that is what im saying lol

the thread is still open-people have posted after me chill out

smile be happy

fortyways

banned
no i did not realise! that is what im saying lol

Actually, you weren't saying anything at the time of my posting. You just edited your previous post in its entirety after I'd already responded to it.

I suggest you learn how a forum works.

Oh, and stop lying about your age on your profile. I doubt anyone is fooled.

funkysnair

VIP Member
yeh mate i did edit my post but i edited it but didnt refresh before i did it so i never knew you posted, realised it was a little to sarcastic

fortyways

banned
I had assumed originally that you revived the thread after reading heckapelite's comment on page two. I've just read the thread in its entirety and now see that someone else revived it right before your post, and you probably did come across this thread through the new post function. I was wrong.

I retract my previous statements, consider this an apology.

Last edited:

Jerrick

It's not really that weird, if you clip it in the case any static will flow pretty much band->case&PSU->earth wire of you comp's power cable->socket(in the wall)->wherever

When plugged directly in the wall, the parts I highlighted blue will just be skipped, but in practice it still does the exact same thing. Just make sure you don't clip it in the live wire ;):p

(I did get your question right, didn't I???)

EDIT: Also, in the future you may want to just create a new thread, no need to dig up old threads only because they're somewhat relevant to your question.

Cheers ;)

Answered it perfectly. I jsut wanted to double check before I go plugging stuff into a electrical socket. haha

Sorry about bringing up an old post. Most other forums I am apart of hate when a new thread gets made with questions that have been asked before, and like when an old thread just gets continued use.

Ill watch myself next time. =p

Last edited: